Very recently I have been reading a huge amount, both on the subject of politics and religion. Now, to say I’m not biased would be a huge lie.
However I don’t think theres an impartial person out there, as I don’t see how 2 sides of anything can be viewed in a purely factual state with regards to these two subjects. I know, on a factual basis politics can be portrayed for both parties. Although, that is merely an accumulation of information and statistics that can be twisted to suit the persons political agenda or to depict the outcome that is necessary for their cause.
As for religion, and I’ll keep this part brief: I am an atheist. Previously I used to describe myself as agnostic. But after years of thought, based on my personal experiences and my upbringing (which by the way, was roman catholic), I conclude I am an atheist.
Even if I were a buddhist monk, or of the islamic faith, or back to my primary school teachings: a roman catholic, my opinion on others politically or religiously would remain the same.
I do not care what you believe, do or say, so long as you, your congregation, family and community respect others, regardless of their inclination.
There is a lot of hate in the world, towards all types of thoughts, colours, mindsets. I am sick of it. Sexuality, colour, race, gender - How dare people judge others on these things.
Love, tolerance and help.
Is that not the bottom line.
You should not be looking to better yourself in order to prove your point.
You should be bettering yourself to increase education and ultimately share your knowledge and skills with the world.
There is not a single person who is worth more than another. You may argue that wealth, political standing, education or skill set determine this?
There is far too much greed and far too much emphasis on money.
Strip us down, literally. What do you see?
Skin, eyes, podge (in my case), hair. If I stand a millionaire beside someone who struggles to afford food, took away all that both have, ultimately neither of them any more useful than the other. On a fundamental level.
Without possessions, money, a spouse. - We can all do the same.
We can help, on a simplistic level.
We can listen, love, communicate, and offer support.
This has been my nightly rant, and one simple Tumblr post will not change the world.
- Me: *playing Tomb Raider*
- Grandmother who is visiting for the weekend: Mind if I sit with you?
- Me: *squirming slightly because there is gore and swearing in this game and my grandmother is a sweet old lady: Um, if you want to.
- Grandmother: *sits* Thank you, dear.
- Me: *continuing to play for about five minutes*
- Grandmother: LOOK OUT THERE ARE THREE COMING DOWN THE HILL
- Grandmother: THAT WAS POINT BLANK HOW ARE THEY ALIVE
- Grandmother: OOOHH YOU MADE THAT EXPLODE
- Grandmother: STOP KILLING MY GRANDDAUGHTER
- Grandmother: KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL
- Grandmother: OHHHHH YOU SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD OHHHHHHHHH
- Grandmother: RUN RUN RUN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE RUN
- Grandmother: OKAY NOW KILL THEM ALL
- Me: *slowly turns to look at her* Grandma
- Grandmother: *sweet smile* Hmm?
- Me: Grandma oh my god
- Grandmother: *more smiling* Well, hurry up and kill everyone else, I want to see you save this Sam person.
- Grandmother: Kill them.